- Concrete finishers smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete floors, paving, walls, sidewalks, or curbs to specified textures, using hand tools or power tools, including floats, power trowels, and power screeds…
- May signal concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete
- Moves discharge chute of the truck to direct concrete into forms, pump truck
- Spreads concrete into inaccessible sections of forms, using rake or come-along or shovel
- Levels concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using handheld screed and floats to bring water to the surface and produce a quality finish
- Smooths, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete using a straightedge, float, or laser screed
- Cut joints/grooves in concrete with edging tools to help control cracking, as well as the layout and sawcut joints
- Finishes concrete surfaces, using kneeboards, power trowel
- Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using power grinder or chisel and hammer, and patches holes with fresh cement material or epoxy compound
- Molds expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers
- May produce rough concrete surface using broom or hand float
- Operate hand tools within manufacturer’s regulation guidelines
- Maintain all Company tools in clean condition, each day
- Notify Crew task lead/ Field Lead/ project lead of electrical/air-powered operability issues
- Perform all additional duties that may be assigned. And complete tasks fully, up to set the standard
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in concrete and masonry construction work.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities per work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Capable of working outside in all weather conditions and in elevated areas.
- Ability to walk, climb, grasp, stand, and balance.
- Ability to lift objects of various dimensions and weights.
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching.