- Perform a variety of tasks involving manual labor in concrete and masonry construction projects; perform manual work in preparing surfaces for concrete.
- Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
- May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers; and mix, pour, and spread concrete.
- May clean and prepare sites to dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove asbestos, lead, and other hazardous waste materials.
- Mop, brush or spread paints, cleaning solutions, or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
- May assist other craft workers.
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in concrete and masonry construction work.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities per work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Capable of working outside in all weather conditions and in elevated areas.
- Ability to walk, climb, grasp, stand, and balance.
- Ability to lift objects of various dimensions and weights.
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching.